Monday, February 06, 2006

Pathological Shyness vs. Social Phobia

The question was what is the major difference between pathological shyness and social phobia. This one was actually quite easy once I started digging. Pathological shyness is sort of like a branch of social phobia as linguistics is a branch of Anthropology (if I understand it right). Anyway, after perusing the information I decided that I couldn't break it down any better than the website. So I suggest you go there to read about the different levels of shyness and social phobia. When you can't improve on a product, just go with the original.

The Health Center is where I found most of this information.

Next posting will be sometime this week. I've decided that this will just be a weekly posting, not daily. Those of you who do not have blogs - blogger will tell me every time you post, so go ahead and leave a question and I'll try to answer you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Eve, thanks for answering my question. I appreciate the time you took to do so. I hope it was enlightning to others as well. B.

February 06, 2006 10:01 PM  
Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

I just hope it helps you sweetie - sometimes knowledge is the key to coping. I also enjoy learning things, so it was no problem. I'll always try to answer your quesitons. Gotta put this college degree to use somehow?!?

February 06, 2006 10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say from someone who suffers social anxieties, I love the idea of this blog.

March 22, 2006 6:28 AM  
Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

Oh my, and I was just thinking the other day how I've neglected this blog. I really need to do some more here. Thanks for dropping by.

March 22, 2006 6:31 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

My heart goes out to you. I've developed some social anxiety stuff as an outgrowth of PTSD and also experiencing some verbal abuse when I was younger. You're right about it though; you just keep taking small steps to heal.

July 25, 2006 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home